Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sarah’s Parent Teacher Conference

The other day, my daughter’s school had half a day so the parents and teachers could have their scheduled conferences.  At my daughter’s age, all parents get these regardless of how great they are doing at school.

I found out the other day that my daughter is a level I reader (big deal to us).  At the parent teacher conference, I learned a bit more.

My daughter is a great student; very happy to be at school, excited to learn, and gets along great with everyone in the class.

The only thing we need to work on with her is to eliminate distractions and her ability to let them slow her up.  While my daughter understands all the work is she is doing, her ability to get it done in a timely fashion varies.

Haha basically, I have a child who gets too distracted.  She will look up from her work and focus on what other kids are doing, stare out the window for a while, and so forth.

Her teacher has suggested that we buy an egg-style timer and use it for when she does her homework at home.  Give her enough time so that she knows she is timed, but not so little time that she feels like she has to rush or hurry.  We are all hoping that she will get into the habit of working at a faster pace.




No comments: