Monday, March 3, 2008

Preschool Activity: More Information on Reading

In my last post, I outlined how reading is a great preschool activity to do at home with your child. In addition to just reading a book to your child, you may want to try having them repeat what you say. This is something that my daughter started doing on her own and it has become a ritual before bedtime.

What we do is choose a relatively short book, lol or else you could be there for an hour or longer! Next, read about five words at a time to your child. This is a good word count for them to remember. Although this will not help your child learn to read, as it focuses more on memorization, you can still point to the words to incorporate some education into the mix.

Even though I listed them in my last post, the books below are the three favorites in our home.

No comments: